Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The 50$ Expert :)

Yesterday I saw this
Google Analytics Blog: Web Analytics Tips & Tricks: What is your Google Analytics IQ?
and I wanted really to make a comment on this. but I forget, I have to say frankly that the precedent post frustrate me, here is why :

to be able to get a Google Analytic certification at a low price and at the same time to have no opportunity to get this opportunity.

let me explain: I am from Algeria, may be I am not a lone to use Google Analytic for more then a years even to see how powerful it is.

so here in my region I can't even make on line payment or pay on line I am not the only person in this case, I am sure that many are in the same situation.

yes it is a good opportunity to take but, and there is always a "but" the wrong side is the consequences that such announce can produce.

to lower the price of a certification in the aim of massive adhesion is in the same time to take to the risk to lower the perceived value of the product concerned by the certificate.

how much cost an oracle certification?
Cisco router certification?
MS certification?
...

the wrong approach is the "shy" try to make profit from a product.

you have to be clear with you selves, do you want to make profit or not?

now let talk a bit about some consequences of less value certification, I am not an expert but I enjoyed a post from some one :

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/03/google-offers-analytics-individual-qualification-iq-program.html
It will be interesting to see how this program is received. The vast majority of Internet marketers are not up to speed with analytics and barely have time to keep up with the nuances of SEO and paid search. Of course, if you can learn enough to pass the test then it’s another badge for your website that says you’re an expert. Just what we need in this industry …. more ‘experts’.
the fellowing quote is from : Google Press
While Google Analytics is easy to use for beginners, it’s most powerful in the hands of knowledgeable users. Qualified users will be effective at leveraging Google Analytics within their organizations and at helping others to do the same. The Google Analytics IQ program is tailored for agencies who want to retain and develop employees who are knowledgeable about Web analytics, and for individuals who seek ways to improve their job prospects or further their own personal development.
how could someone brag with a 50$ certification?!!
how could some one brag with a certification he share with million user from different age and scholar level?

the "use it in your CV" isn't an argument, in replacement they should demonstrate the ROI of Google analytic in real life case study.

so this is the question:

who else want to be a 50$ expert

No comments: